Al-Anon Lifer

Anonymous sharings from a long-time member of Al-Anon, which is a safe place to recover from the effects of alcoholism in a friend or relative...

Thursday, March 18, 2010

HOPE FOR TODAY'S page, March 18

Many of the amends I need to make center around letting go of the past. It's time to give myself and others a second chance.

In Al-Anon, I learned to take care of myself even around people with whom I have a long and painful history.

If disagreement occurs, I can use my program to help me make decisions I won't regret.

I know I can ask my Higher Power for help with this letting go process.

Today I choose to be gentle with myself and to love unconditionlly while detaching with the past.

Enough said, just for today. I cannot add to the quotes above from today's page in Al-Anon's daily reader, HOPE FOR TODAY, written by and for adult children of alcoholics.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, March 18, 2010 6:27:00 PM, Blogger Kathy M. said...

Wonderful post. Thank you for sharing.

I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog. It was nice to hear from you!

 
At Friday, March 19, 2010 11:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder that we need to forgive ourselves our pasts and build upon the lessons and good things in them, however we got there. Have a good weekend!

 
At Saturday, March 20, 2010 7:12:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just *happened* to pick up my Hope for Today on Thursday and read the very same thing and got the very same feelings as you. Funny how that works :-D

♥namaste♥

 

Post a Comment

<< Home