Al-Anon Lifer

Anonymous sharings from a long-time member of Al-Anon, which is a safe place to recover from the effects of alcoholism in a friend or relative...

Monday, November 30, 2009

NOT the Monday Blues

I discovered more about myself yesterday, that by putting up walls with my parents to protect myself, I had also prevented any kind of love or affection to get through. As I replaced those walls with boundaries during the time they were here, I let some "good" through and was still able to keep out the "bad".

As in most things "Al-Anon", it had to do with my attitude and my choices. I have to say this worked really well for me, but only after once again suffering through the extreme emotions I didn't let myself feel as a child. Maybe, maybe, I've finally learned. Just for today, I can accept my imperfections in my progress on this road of recovery.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 15, 2009 12:23:00 PM, Anonymous mike said...

Thanks for the post.
It is interesting when we get down to the acceptance of how things are in our life. Changing what we can and letting go of what we can't!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home