Al-Anon Lifer

Anonymous sharings from a long-time member of Al-Anon, which is a safe place to recover from the effects of alcoholism in a friend or relative...

Sunday, February 11, 2007

WOW, What Feedback!!

I'm amazed and grateful for all the feedback from my last post. Even though I hadn't blogged in a long time, people still came, read, commented, and encouraged me. This can only be a God-thing because what I usually do when I blog is visit other bloggers and comment so they will visit my blog.

In other words, I try to make sure I get read. But I didn't do that this time, and I got read anyway. Even though I hadn't blogged for weeks. You'd think people would get tired of checking in on my blog when there was nothing new. Instead, I had four comments, as many or more than I usually get...

So it is indeed my time to be creative, to give back, to serve in a different way... to write, to share, to use this gift I've been given. To stop worrying if I'm doing the right thing by not concentrating on making money, especially in this global climate of fear... But just for today, I don't need to worry, I only need to trust that I am taken care of right now, in this moment... I am loved, I am worthwhile, I am well on my way to recovering from the family disease of alcoholism...

FYI: I did not take this photo. It is a MS sample. However, it represents how things looked on Thursday when I was driving to an Al-Anon meeting, the same morning I woke up to fog.

3 Comments:

At Monday, February 12, 2007 3:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally understand all that you write here. I am a media arts designer, and besides my day job I have taken on some freelance work. Plus I am focused on my health right now. I have not blogged in a while . . . but this trust you speak of, and this love, it is so beautiful. May your road to recovery continue to present you with all of these wonderful gifts and experiences . . . and much more!

 
At Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we who blog..blog from the heart..we do we share and inspire..
and recieve honest feedback from those who can relate and appreciate what you share.
(kind of like a meeting...I went to Coda finally did you know that?)
I am grateful you are a part of our little online recovery community ..no matter how often you get out to blog :)
keep taking good care,love Tab xo

 
At Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Tennessee Santa said...

Keep sharing your writing is beautiful and gives some of us cause to stop and reflect. The pic is great .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home