Al-Anon Lifer

Anonymous sharings from a long-time member of Al-Anon, which is a safe place to recover from the effects of alcoholism in a friend or relative...

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snow, Snow, Snow!!

I won't bore you with another picture of snow. It all looks the same, even though there are a 100 or more different kinds. And I won't bore you with how tired we are of snow, even those of us who say they like and used to miss winter. I'll instead bore you with the fact that I went to a meeting today, then called a sponsee back, then decided to do nothing else but relax. Hey, it is Sunday after all, and I worked yesterday taking down Christmas. I miss the lights. Guess I'll light a candle or two along with turning on the fireplace. I also miss building fires in my woodstoves and snuggling with my kids who are all grown... Guess I can look forward to that grandchild now, and my sponsee's baby coming... Life goes on and I'm grateful to still be a part of it!! Hugs to all of you out there!!

7 Comments:

At Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:26:00 PM, Blogger Mary Christine said...

The snow is a challenge. It sounds like you are doing OK with it.

 
At Monday, January 22, 2007 7:10:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I had a fireplace in my condo and I miss it soooo much. I light candles around the house all the time. I like the warm glow and of course the smells of the Pier1 and Yankee candles.

Thanks for sharing and hugs back to you.

G~

 
At Monday, January 22, 2007 2:10:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

The big melt is a coming....

I know it....

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Well I will never complain about you posting pictures of snow. I would only encourage you to post them.

New little lives coming into your life -- that is very exciting.

 
At Monday, January 29, 2007 7:23:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Monday!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all have learned tools to pick up in our daily alanon lives. I liked the "tools" you specified to help you warm up your surroundings during this relentless winter.Thanks. Rocky Mountain Grandma

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 8:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally miss fireplaces!

T.K.
My blog: http://www.sobertoday.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home