Al-Anon Lifer

Anonymous sharings from a long-time member of Al-Anon, which is a safe place to recover from the effects of alcoholism in a friend or relative...

Monday, January 01, 2007

Seeking God's Will in the New Year

What better way to start out the New Year than to seek God's Will. Duh.

I've been fighting with myself for a week now about how to fix two major relationships in my life as well as how to get a client to pay me. And guess what? All the crazy thinking has gotten me absolutely nowhere except crazier and crazier.

So this morning I read in "Hope for Today" about seeking God's Will and the Power to Carry That Out. Step 11 was like a whole new concept for me, even after practicing it for years and years, even with the same relationships I'm trying to fix now.

It's amazing how fast I slid backwards into that old insanity. But today, I'm back to serenity simply by giving it over and asking for direction and then getting on with my day, my life, a brand new year!

A special thank you to a very special Al-Anon friend who called me today and reasoned things out with me for over an hour. What a piece of heaven that was for both of us!

3 Comments:

At Monday, January 01, 2007 1:36:00 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Happy New Year!!!

What a way to start off your New Year. Wonderful. Already you are experiencing some wonderful events, such as that with your Al-Anon friend.

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 1:13:00 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

Thanks for reminding me to ask for guidance! And thanks for writing about spirituality.

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:45:00 PM, Blogger ~MsManna~ said...

Happy New Year!!!! I think you've made an excellent choice. Keep coming back!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home