Al-Anon Lifer

Anonymous sharings from a long-time member of Al-Anon, which is a safe place to recover from the effects of alcoholism in a friend or relative...

Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Apologies

I know that I've not been blogging, and I apologize to anyone who keeps checking in to read my thoughts in blogland. I will try harder to blog more often, even daily. I have many thoughts I've jotted down during my morning meditations. But today, just for today, I am grateful for:

1. A new meeting time where we will simply be studying the 12 steps of recovery.
2. Lunch with my friends after the meeting to celebrate my belly-button birthday.
3. My grandma who turned 102 last week, so I am not even close to getting old.
4. My sober husband who is taking me out to dinner with all of my grown children tonight.
5. The sun, warm enough to be melting more snow and ice today.
6. My dog who kept me company this week while my husband was out of town , the first time I've been alone in my house since my last child moved out last month.
7. My health which I'm slowing improving through diet and an exercise plan.
8. Time to organize and declutter my home, and look through old pictures and school projects of my children.
9. A massage this week and a visit to my chiropractor.
10. My Higher Power, my sponsor, my service sponsor, and all of my friends in the Al-Anon and A.A. program who have become the family I didn't have growing up, who have always accepted me where I've been at, whether they liked me or not, who love me unconditionally and yet tell me like it is, but only if I ask. Who are always there for me when I reach out. Because of you, I can face my life, no longer regretting the past and looking forward to the future!

4 Comments:

At Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:21:00 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

Happy birthday to you and your grandma!

 
At Saturday, January 20, 2007 1:22:00 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

Happy birthday to you and your grandma!

 
At Sunday, January 21, 2007 3:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a healthy and happy list!
thanks for sharing.
Happy Belated Birthday Greetings to
that wonderful Grandma of yours:)

here is my new blog address if you ever feel like coming by for a visit and a cupcake Alanon Lifer.
I put you on my links too..hope that is ok.

http://cupcakemonkeyblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

No apologies needed. :)

Happy 202 birthday to your grandma. That is so wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home