Al-Anon Lifer

Anonymous sharings from a long-time member of Al-Anon, which is a safe place to recover from the effects of alcoholism in a friend or relative...

Monday, October 16, 2006

Seen on a Church Marquee...



Know God, Know Peace.
No God, No Peace.

I drove by this twice today before "getting it" - let's face it, I think a lot slower than I drive... and it takes me a lot longer to learn simple lessons such as my HP is my source of serenity.

I didn't feel very serene today until I got up off my duff and started doing what I knew my HP wanted me to do, what was right in front of me. My problem is that I still think God's will should be dramatic or worldly-important, when sometimes it is just to enjoy life and take care of business...

Peace be to all of you out there in blog-land. I hope you're enjoying fall as much as I am. I hear we may have snow!

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that quote. Before I let God into my life I first saw this on a vehicle and thought it was pretty clever. In m y recovery I saw it again, and how the message was so different to me, so nurturing and welcoming.

Isn't it funny how we can deny simplicity sometimes. :) I am loving the transistion into Fall, so glad to see that you are too! And snow, that is sooooo COOL, literally! I am jealous.

 
At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 2:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome post..
it gave me goosebumps..or maybe that was from the word snow..lol
NOPE.I love the word PEACE.
I will never lose faith in it..
Thank you for sharing it here:)

 
At Friday, October 20, 2006 6:55:00 AM, Blogger Trudging said...

I like the quote!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home