Al-Anon Lifer

Anonymous sharings from a long-time member of Al-Anon, which is a safe place to recover from the effects of alcoholism in a friend or relative...

Sunday, October 01, 2006

On the Lighter Side

So when I was packing for the wedding I'm going to this afternoon, I didn't want to try to get my whole makeup bag through security at the airport, so I looked for a few small items I would need should my luggage get lost. Then I remembered the last time my luggage got lost. It was in Paris last fall. I was joining my husband on a business trip. (Gotta say here that his getting sober last year sure has added new oppportunities to my life and dimensions to our marriage!) Anyway, Air France gave me an overnight kit which included a T-shirt and all the essentials for hygiene. However. when I was going through it to eliminate items like aftershave, I found something I hadn't seen in a long time. It took me a few seconds to recognize it. A condom!! Only in France, I thought, or certainly never in the United States, would an airline consider a condom for an emergency overnight kit :-) :-) :-)

P.S. I'm having a very good time with my family this weekend. I got to spend most of this morning alone, though, swimming in a lovely pool listening to soft music and looking at flowers. Then I had a nice long soak in the hot tub. For some reason, the pain came back to my hip and leg this morning. Actually, the reason is that I was telling my sisters (step but legal - we're all adopted) about my father not wanting to see me. I was on the verge of dredging up (shouldn't this stuff be out in the universe by now?) why, or why I think, he is angry with me. Fortunately, my HP saved me because my full-brother, who lives close to our father and has a completely different relationship with him, although not emotionally attached, walked in. Thank you, God, once again!! Well, it's time for me to go squeeze into a girdle and nylons. So glad I'm losing weight so the next time I get dressed up won't be so uncomfortable. Blessings to all of you!! God is good!!

4 Comments:

At Sunday, October 01, 2006 6:33:00 PM, Blogger Mike said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006 4:38:00 AM, Blogger Mama Dukes said...

how wonderful to have a nice weekend with family, you are blessed

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006 10:42:00 PM, Blogger Gooey Munster said...

I think it is wonderful that you are allowing time for yourself and nurturing yourself.

 
At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 3:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol..condoms..I love it,great story!
I hope you have a good time at the wedding and your hip and leg don't bother you too much.
Sounds like a nice time you are having ..swimming pools and flowers!
Thanks for sharing~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home