Al-Anon Lifer

Anonymous sharings from a long-time member of Al-Anon, which is a safe place to recover from the effects of alcoholism in a friend or relative...

Friday, December 07, 2007

GETTING UNSTUCK

How do I know my life is unmanageable? Well, yesterday and today, I got stuck simply because a loved one in my life seems stuck. For me, that means I'm depressed about someone else's problem rather than living my own life. I'm stuck waiting until that person's life moves forward before mine can. In effect, that person has become my Higher Power for the moment.

I need not be in this place. I have choices. I can do some Christmas shopping, or just wrap the presents I already have. I can go for a walk. I can go to a movie. I can blog. The key is to get moving, without getting involved in solving someone else's problem. Unless of course they ask for help and it is appropriate that I help. So this is my start to GETTING UNSTUCK...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, December 10, 2007 4:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all in similar circumstances. And the good news is - there is hope. My story is an Al Anon Diary. I am a spouse of an alcoholic and the son of an alcoholic.

I have been fortunate if you can call it that. I hope I can help. Here is my site .... www.alanondiary.blogspot.com

I hope I can be of help to you as well as you have been to me.

 
At Sunday, December 16, 2007 9:18:00 PM, Blogger ~MsManna~ said...

Thanks for sharing. I think this shed light on my situation as well. Keep coming back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home