Al-Anon Lifer

Anonymous sharings from a long-time member of Al-Anon, which is a safe place to recover from the effects of alcoholism in a friend or relative...

Friday, March 14, 2008

When I'm Tired...

I've been extra tired lately. At first, I thought it was the time change. Then I remembered that I was tired before the time change. Second, I thought is was traveling, but then I remembered that I wasn't excited about taking our two-week camping trip last month. Perhaps the real reason was that I was tired.

Am I still so out of touch with my needs that I couldn't figure that out then and do something about it rather than "suffer" for a month? Maybe it just takes a lot of years to overcome old behavior - thinking that being tired is normal when all of my life it was a symptom of depression.

So I "woke up" enough today to call my doctor and get some help. Maybe next time I'll "wake up" sooner and realize that I shouldn't feel tired when I'm getting enough sleep, not overdoing it, and otherwise taking care of myself. Maybe next time, I'll remember this time.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting. Your posts always strike a chord with me. Would you post more frequently if you know it mattered to people out here? You should do what is best for you obviously, but it is helpful to others also. Today your post hit me, I am tired, have been tired, and already am on anti-depressents. Have I done anything about it? Well, ok I am walking about 20 minutes a day, when it's not too cold. I think I need something else. Thanks for writing!

Anonymous

 
At Monday, March 17, 2008 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Syd said...

I stay tired. Too many late nights at meetings and then boating on the weekends. I need to take a few days off.

 
At Monday, March 17, 2008 12:28:00 PM, Blogger Wait. What? said...

Recovery can take so much out of us - that is the lesson I am learning these days - I wish you the best - Cat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home